Place To Lay Eggs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

By the time my torts are enjoying the spring sunshine I am hoping to have created an area in Tort Lodge Gardens in which Bubble can lay her eggs. Does anyone have an idea how to do this? I did read about leaving a gro bag of sterilised soil in a sunny area.... My thoughts were having an area of deep soil in a sunny position with a paving slab as a roof.... What do you think x x x hugs x x

#2 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hello Stella
My female Humpty has laid by the goosebury bush in her enclosure one time it was at the front which took her all day to dig because of the roots,another time it was at the back of the goosebury bush which was much easier for her but very hard for me to dig up,back breaking, and she has also laid in her house in the area where her lights are,the days she laid in her house was when it was a bit colder outside,i have just made sure there is enough soil for digging in home and outside,i would just put plenty of top soil in the sunny areas,best of luck.
Jaynex

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Jay, I just love the goosberry bush idea. :giggle:

#4 mather

mather

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

hi there i am new to this forum and was after some help/advice

i have an 8-9 year old hermans who a couple of years ago laid to egg's that were not fertile. i have been told that they ley egg's to show when they are mature enough to breed .. is this true??

also i have 2 male marginated tortoise's that are about 5-7 years old are they old enough to breed with my female???

also any idea's about an outdoor enclosure that will be successfull in mateing/breeding???

i have got a 6 foot by 3 foot area to work with and i have a plastic roofing sheet for a hot spot ...

all advice would be taken greatfully

cheers

steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users