4 replies to this topic

#1 p0ppyred

p0ppyred

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hi,
I finally got my pc fixed and my first thought was to check out the forum to see what I have missed and to give an update on my babies.
I have (hopefully!) attached some pics of Tortuga and Humbug and if anyone happens to be able to sex them from my pics I'd be grateful.

Attached File  feeding.jpg   57.59KB   43 downloadsAttached File  Humbug under.jpg   53.15KB   57 downloadsAttached File  Tortuga under.jpg   49.79KB   37 downloads

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful pics of torts 'Tortuga' and 'Humbug'. They are absolutely gorgeous.
They may be still a little young to sex. So forgive me if I am unable.
Hopefully others will be a long shortly to offer you their opinions.
Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Guest_Chrissyan_*

Guest_Chrissyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Welcome back, what beautiful, healthy looking torts. :) Short tails often indicate female, but I am afraid I don't have enough experience to tell either

#4 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hello
Tortuga and humbug look gorgeous,the first picture look's like a female the second one not sure.
Jaynex

#5 p0ppyred

p0ppyred

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hi,
Thankyou, I got them in August 2012 their cert says UK hatched in 2011, the pics I uploaded were from Sept 2012. I have taken another today if you dont mind having another look for me as I was pretty sure Tortuga was female and Humbug possibly male but I'm not so sure about Humbug now.
They are so friendly and entertaining. Tortuga knows her name and will come straight over (I love it!)

I can't wait for the warmer weather so they can get outside. I have big plans for an outside run now my poor hubby has just finished building my chicken coop! (he gets a few months break!!)

Do any of your little ones go through stages of tipping themselves over?
Thanks
Naomi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users