• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi Guys,
Billiejo came out of hibernation today 'Good Friday' and it was a good day all round.
We are all relieved as it was a longer than expected hibernation.
This was her 32nd big sleep. Here's to many more!
Kind Regards
Freddy

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

GREAT news Freddy... Billiejo certainly knows how to do it doesn't she? Did she decide now was the time or did you have to give her a little 'push' ? How many weeks did she rest for?
Oh dear Freddy... Too many questions when I expect you are busy 'enjoying' her!! X x. Hugs x x

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

It's great to see that Biiliejo up and about again. Roll on Spring and Summer. :)

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

hi freddy its good to hear billiejos up out of hibernation, and doing ok after her extra long sleep. :thumbup:

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thanks Guys. We decided to give her a little 'push' and opted to wake her up. She had been in hibernation for approx 5 1/2 monthts which was long enough. She is now in the warmest room in the house enjoying the heat and having a snooze. Bless her! Hopefully the weather picks up soon and she can enjoy her outside enclosure. Thanks again everyone for your kind wishes.
Freddy

#6 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hi, Freddy,

That's great news that Billiejo's up; congratulations on another successful hibernation for her. I bet you've missed her terribly, and are so glad to have her back.

Let's hope for some warmer weather shortly so all our torts can rejuvenate after their big sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users