• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi91

Heidi91

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi, just wondering if these pansies are safe to feed to Tilly and Ralph, I've read on some websites they are and on some that they are not, Can anyone help please

Attached Files

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yes pansy flowers are fine. They love them! ;)

...... if they're from a garden centre give them a little while a weather outside for a bit to wash off all the insecticides.

#3 Heidi91

Heidi91

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

They've been in the garden for ages so should be fine :) Thanks so much for the quick response, I'l let Tilly and Ralph at them now then, Thanks again!

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

All my tortoises love pansies, both the flowers and leaves. I usually keep some plants in the greenhouse and take leaves off to feed, rather than putting the whole plant out. Aldi are doing a good deal on pansy plants at the moment. X x Stella x

#5 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I discovered Archie loved Pansies last year, when my partner planted some to brighten up the garden. I saw Archie having  a good feed on them but did not say anything. After a couple of days and significantly less Pansies in the garden my partner noticed, so I blamed it on the slugs and snails and Archie continued to enjoy the flowers.

#6 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

My mum remembers an exact same situation where I was setting out the summer bedding..... Followed closely behind by a very contented munching tort x x Stella. Xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users