• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi Guys,
Just had the winner in the Grand National. It was 'Auroras Encore' and finished at 66/1 but I had put 50p each-way on it at 80/1 earlier so I collect £60. Yipeee!
Freddy

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

that's brilliant freddy. :yay:

the ones we picked didn't come any where.

#3 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yeah ours are probably still running Karen, but well done to you Freddy  :yay: (sorry Karen had to copy as that is such a cool smiley)

#4 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Guys. I had 3 other horses in the race but they didn't finish anywhere!lol
The winner was a total outsider. I was just lucky I guess.
The Grand National is a family tradition in our house. It is the only race I bet on!lol
Best of luck next year.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Well done Freddy.... The other 66-1 was Weird Al.... My 50p bet... I have yet to see tne race as I was at a football match!! X x x

#6 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've only ever backed two horses in the Grand National in my whole life, and on both occasions they fell and had to be shot. :ohmy:

For the sake of all racing horses, I've given up backing them.  :shrug:

#7 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yes. It is particularly sad when horses are injured and have to be put down. I think the promoters have done their best to improve the safety of the course and limit casualties. There were no fatalities in this years race, thankfully. The Grand National is a centuries old tradition and like all horse racing it creates jobs and brings much needed revenue into the economy. So, I suppose it does some good.
Best Regards
Freddy

#8 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Auroras encore was safely round but today his jockey Ryan Maniac was badly injured in a race. Fingers crossed he isn't as injured as the news is telling us... X x x

#9 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Freddy

well done,it's nice to have a win,i didn't watch it this year i get so emotional i hate it when they fall.

Jaynex

#10 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Auroras encore was safely round but today his jockey Ryan Maniac was badly injured in a race. Fingers crossed he isn't as injured as the news is telling us... X x x

Hi Stella.
Apparently he was injured at a race meeting at Hexham today on a horse from the same stable as 'Auroras Encore'. Seems a bit soon for him to be riding again after Aintree. Latest reports are that he has neck and back injuries but is in a stable condition. Hopefully he is OK.
Take care. Talk soon.
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users