Bit Rubbish...need Help :d

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Good afternoon, 

I am still fairly new to this and pretty rubbish at identifying weeds. I saw these while at work earlier, can somebody please help me identify these and tell me if they are safe to feed my torts..

Thanks in advance..

IMAG1402-1_zpscd4c4e95.jpg

IMAG1401-1_zps5a3d7671.jpg

Think the one above is clover..

IMAG1399-1_zps44d62902.jpg

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Lee, the middle one defo isn't clover.... Looks like bitter cress to me, in which case although it isn't toxic it is part of the 'brassica' family so has to be fed sparingly x x x

#3 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thank you ;) ....Do you have any idea bout the other two?? xx

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I am thinking the bottom one is 'creeping thistle' though not sure. If it is then it is fine to eat but a bit ' Prickly' so torts need to be fed new leaves. To be honest the prickles put me off feeding these weeds x x x I am seriously struggling on my weed walks at the moment, even finding dandilions is tricky.... Yet I pass loads by the roadside which would fill my bag in three handfuls. X x

#5 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Archie and Dolly enjoying a new weed.. ;)

Sowthistle_zpsbfa72b62.jpg

#6 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

I had a good weedwalk at lunch which resulted in 7 big yellow dandilion flowers, tilly was very impressed with her evening treat!
Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users