11 replies to this topic

#1 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

:( This morning went to feed sooty my black rabbit and she was missing,no signs of her escaping,no fluff about,she is kept in one of those large houses with the run underneath and then she has another run surrounding so the doors on her house are always open as she loves the freedom, in the summer she just roams the garden but recently i  put  this surrond around the rabbit house to give my plants a chance of growing  as she has eaten everything in site,the surrounding pen is still in place,no digging around for tunneling its as if she's been  picked up out of her pen and taken,we are wandering if a large bird has taken her even though she's quite a large rabbit.

Jaynex :(

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi Jayne,
I'm so sorry to hear Sooty has gone missing. I know he means so much to you and your family. I hope you find him soon. Thinking of you at this anxious time.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

hi Jayne im sorry to hear about sooty. :(

I hope you find him soon, take care. x

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

:( Sorry to hear about Sooty. :(

I hope she turns up soon. xxx

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Oh dear Jayne, fingers crossed she had escaped and not been taken.
When we kept rabbits they too had the run of the garden and always had the hutch door open.
It is probably a seriously daft question but are you sure she hasn't tunnelled out. Mine used to try and it is strange how little evidence there is on the surface!' Tight squeezes x x x ((((((hugs))))))))x x x

#6 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

hello

today found a small piece of sooty's fur and some bone from her in speedy's enclosure,and then cried so i have cleaned all her cage out and started to dismantle,we said we would have no more as humbug,fluffy and sooty can never be replaced we will always remember them they have bought many years of happiness,when we bought fluffy and sooty home they both fitted in a tea cosy so  cute!so sad :( thankyou all for your kindness.

Jaynex

#7 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

So sorry to hear that Jayne. :(

I hope you're O.K. x

#8 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Jayne,

I am saddened to hear you news, and I hope you feel able to stay strong during this difficult time.   :hug:

#9 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

hi Jayne

im so sorry to hear this sad news :(

take care x

#10 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Tight hugs Jayne x x (((((hugs)))))) x x

#11 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Oh Jane that's awful. I'm really sorry x we lost our 14yr old jack Russell penny last week it was time to go, her legs were starting to go and she's just been sleeping xxx big hugs xxx

#12 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Jayne,
I'm so sorry to hear about Sooty. Thinking of you at this sad time. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users