Another Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

The latest update on the forum has been completed successfully. :thumbup:

(Well done Karen for getting it sorted. ;))

If there are any gremlins..... let us know.  

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for letting us know Kelly and well done Karen for getting it sorted.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 Sundayboy

Sundayboy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:I am a proud owner of two hermann tortoises, Archie aged 6 and Dolly aged 3. I also have a bearded dragon which we rescued called Spike and a cockatiel we called Bubbles, who we affectionately refer to as Bubba Boy..

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Good morning  :zz:

Just wanted to say thank you for letting us know about the upgrade. It might be my laptop, but I thought I would let you know that some of the pages seem to be taking a little longer than usual to load on the forum. I am not complaining just thought I would let you know. As I say it might be my rubbish laptop  :type:

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

It all looks O.K from my end.....it could well be your laptop. ;)  I'll keep an eye on it though. Let me know if it persists. :)

Have you tried cleaning out your temporary internet files? Sometimes this helps to speed things up a bit.

#5 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Good morning  :zz:

Just wanted to say thank you for letting us know about the upgrade. It might be my laptop, but I thought I would let you know that some of the pages seem to be taking a little longer than usual to load on the forum. I am not complaining just thought I would let you know. As I say it might be my rubbish laptop  :type:

I have had problems too, with timing out and sometimes not posting at all :(

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I'll look into it and keep eveyone posted. :)

#7 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

I've been sweaking a few things this morning..... Is the forum loading any quicker for everyone else?..... It seems better for me now. :)

#8 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

It all seems fine, Kelly; normally when new pages or websites are uploaded, it can take 24 hours or so for it to propagate through the system, and for cached pages to update on one's browser, so I don't think it was anything unusual in the first place.

#9 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I have to take back what I said previously  :blush:

The page-loading seems to have slowed down almost to a standstill  :(

#10 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

I am also finding the site mega slow to load up, to the point that sometimes I give up for a while in the hope that it will speed up. I thought it was just me and my phone!! X x hugs x

#11 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I've raised the issue.... I'll let everyone know when it's sorted. ;)

#12 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

A bit quick just now Kelly.... Maybe it is the time of day x x hugs x

#13 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Just to let everyone know.....The issues we've been having have got nothing to do with the recent upgrade. I believe there's a server issue at play here.

I've raised a support ticket with them, so hopefully things should get sorted now.  

I'll keep you all informed of the outcome. :)

#14 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Well. It seems all is sorted.... nothing was wrong as far as anyone was concerned! :blink2:

#15 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Seems much better now, Kelly; I reckon the particular server on which this was being held, was overloaded, holding too many websites.

Thanks for getting it sorted.

#16 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Thanks Kelly.... It's looking a bit quick now.... :-)).
X x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users