#1 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hello

This morning i  opened there house and humpty was straight out had her feed and started to enjoy her basking,H decided to creep into there side of the enclosure disrupted the basking and  started mating with her after about an hour i seperated him as he was starting to pester her and then i noticed humpty banging Becky never thought any more of it as usually she's climbing the walls when she's ready for laying but then  i noticed her sniffing the ground and then she went to the back of the goosebury bush were she laid last year and she started to dig she laid four eggs so i had to quickly set up the incubator it was such a rush,she seems to have a perfect spot she can hold onto the bottom branches it was amazing to watch her for a while.

Jaynex

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hi Jayne,
That's great news. Well done Humpty. It sounds fascinating hearing about tortoises laying eggs. I wish Billiejo had some offspring. A little reminder of her after she's gone. Who knows it may happen someday. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

hi Jayne,

that's great news. :thumbup:

mildred my horsfield laid last year but none were fertile, hopefully this year. :)

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

That's great news Jayne, fingers crossed you will be hearing the patter of many feet in a couple of months x x hugs x x

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have to smile at the gooseberry bush mention x x hugs x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users