Commercial Table V Home Build?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quacker1964

quacker1964

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Birding, Amateur Radio, Football, Oldies Music, Gadgets, Nature&Wildlife Florida!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

As someone looking to setup a home before introducing an inmate, this table along with lighting/heating. substrate, humidity etc. will be a major consideration.  Can anyone recommend a commercially available table for a solitary hermann's - preferably with all necessary extras? - Alternatively, if it is better to buy individual components, rather than compromise, the whereabouts of a solid table or example would be much appreciated.

Apologies if this contravenes any rules re: advertising etc. my intentions are merely parctical for the benefit of my (future) tortoise :)

Steve

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hello Steve, I bought a secondhand bookcase and set it up myself mainly as it was to be temp housing. My torts are now outside and the bookcase on the wall!!' X x x hugs x x

#3 quacker1964

quacker1964

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Birding, Amateur Radio, Football, Oldies Music, Gadgets, Nature&Wildlife Florida!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hello Steve, I bought a secondhand bookcase and set it up myself mainly as it was to be temp housing. My torts are now outside and the bookcase on the wall!!' X x x hugs x x

I have seen a few advertised, Stella.  I do want one suitable for purpose.  I have seen some commercial ones but as a novice I have no way of telling or knowing whether they are suitable for purpose.  Yes, I know there is the "suck-it-and-see" approach, but a poor purchase now might have consequences not so much for me and my wallet, but my first tortoise.

Now already i know not to choose pet stores for tortoises, but what about tables? I'm at the mercy of forums & google until such time as my first books appear lol.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users