2 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Can anyone offer any advice?

Osker came out of hibernation 2 weeks ago. He's had a couple of baths and is eating and drinking, but there's nothing coming out (if you know what I mean).

I know it's really important to get him 'going', but can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do to encourage him?

Many thanks

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Girl Pebble took ages to 'get going'.., I just bathed her daily in warm water to help her along. I made sure her weeds were soaked in water to help keep her hydrated. My torts live outside and as we have had a really cold year so far I brought her in so she could access her heat lamp,
As Osker is eating and drinking I am sure you will see some action soon, particularly if he is warm enough x x hugs x x

#3 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Can anyone offer any advice?

Osker came out of hibernation 2 weeks ago. He's had a couple of baths and is eating and drinking, but there's nothing coming out (if you know what I mean).

I know it's really important to get him 'going', but can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do to encourage him?

Many thanks

When you think that you wind them down to empty the gut prior to hibernation, it is going to take a while to 'fill up' again. They are not like mammals in that they pee when the bladder is full and poop every day after eating. Don't use anything to encourage him, it's not going to happen until he gets back up to pre-hibernation weight/bulk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users