• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm sure we're all used to being stopped when picking weeds by people curious as to what we're doing. As you know, most people express great interest when we tell them we're collecting food for our torts. However, this morning, I was out picking early in the local park when an elderly lady approached me and asked as to what I was doing. When I explained, I was most taken aback by her reply:

"Oh, I see," she said, "I thought you were doing community service".

I was speechless.

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

ha!ha! That was a good one, Graham and very funny. You were a good sport taking it so well. You should have told her you were doing 'Tortoise time'! LOL! Take care.
Best wishes
Freddy

#3 Geordie Mark

Geordie Mark

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

See I wouldn't tell them
I had tortoises now since I used my car for the first time in over a week and I realised that my wind deflectors (sit in the weather seals on the windows) have been pinched I wouldn't dare tell em
About the torts !

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

:lol: this made me laugh.

I always like to go weed picking early on a morning as there's not many people about, if someone see's me they always seem to think I have a rabbit, I just don't say any different. ;)

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

It is tricky isn't it, cos we are so proud of our torts! I usually go weed walking early in the morning and all I see is an elderly lady litter picking..... Community service?... X x x hugs x x

#6 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Years ago a woman in a big flash car stopped me in the lanes and told me it was illegal to pick the daffodils. I told her they were dandelions and showed her in the bag. She asked why anyone would want to pick those, so I told her I was a witch and they were for a spell I was making to stop people being nosy. She called me a weirdo and wound her window up quickly, never saw her again :rolleyes:

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

Years ago a woman in a big flash car stopped me in the lanes and told me it was illegal to pick the daffodils. I told her they were dandelions and showed her in the bag. She asked why anyone would want to pick those, so I told her I was a witch and they were for a spell I was making to stop people being nosy. She called me a weirdo and wound her window up quickly, never saw her again :rolleyes:

:lol:  that's a good one.

#8 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

so funny :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users