• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clarey

clarey

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hiya does anyone know how to get humidity down in incubator? I have no water in there and its humidity is 80% temo is 31 and the incubator is a herp 2 with glass door cheers x

#2 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hello

Have you wet the vermicullite then to get the humidity at 80%,my humidity is at 80% at the moment i just open the lid for a few more seconds it also allows air exchange,i try to aim around the 70-75% as i had four little gorgeous babies keeping at this humidity and temps around 31 and 32,best of luck

Jaynex

#3 clarey

clarey

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hiya vermiculite is dry and there are no lids
on?? Was on damp vermiculite but moved onto dry vermiculite within 4 hours as was to damp! !!!

#4 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

hello

so there's no water at all in the herp2,i will see if i can find anything out to help.

Jaynex

#5 clarey

clarey

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thank u its driving me potty I'm like a 1st time expectant mother snd the eggs are only 4 days old!!!!! X

#6 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hello

dont worry,i have had a look,the one that she was demonstrating said it had a plus and a minus to set settings,does yours?,,if there's no settings to alter on yours just open the door to allow air exchange for a few seconds,some days i have had to open the lid a few times in one day especially when temps have dropped down and i have had to top back up with water.

Jaynex

#7 clarey

clarey

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hiya yea mine has a +and _ settings fot temp its set on 31, I'm gonna take hydrometer out reset and pop back in and c if helps!! Off on holiday on Saturday my sis is looking after tortoises, cat, bearded dragon and eggs so need to make sure all is ok x

#8 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

There should be ventilation holes in all incubators to allow good oxygen exchange within the egg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users