• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sp4rky

Sp4rky

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Just noticed Martin doing a really white wee instead of the normal clear. He was just out the bath and out back in his table when he done it. Never due anything in the bath. Usually poos but noticed he hasn't been eating as much as normal. Had him at the vet on Sunday just to register and get a once over. She seemed really happy with everything.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problems? He's also sleeping a little bit more often now as well. Thought this might be due to the temperature drop of late (I live in Scotland).

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

If it's soft and toothpastey in texture it sounds like urates. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. ;)

#3 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes, it would only be a problem if he wasn't doing this. If it becomes powdery or gritty it's a sign of dehydration, but as Kelly says, otherwise normal :)

#4 Sp4rky

Sp4rky

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

That's great thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users