Tennis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Is anyone watching the tennis this last two weeks? I guess this has to be Andy Murrays best chance ever to win the Wimbledon title. How rubbish is they are closing the roof !!!! X x

#2 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Yes, I've been glued to it, Stella, isn't Andy doing well? Thought he'd blown it in the quarter finals, but what a comeback.

I thought it was much too early for them to close the roof yesterday, there was at least half-hour of sunshine left.

Let's all root for Andy on Sunday. :fingers_crossed:

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

I agree Graham, the roof was a tactical thing wasn't it.... Poor sportsmanship. I think we would all have been moaning should Andy have lost the match. It's going to be a brilliant match tomorrow x x. Hugs x x

#4 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just watching the Men's tennis final on center court. Andy Murray is playing superbly. I would be surprised if he didn't go all the way! The Lions also made history yesterday winning the series against the wallabies. It's been a great month for sport!
Kind Regards
Freddy

#5 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ya-hay!! Well done, Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!

:excited:  :cheers:  :yay:  :yay:  :thumbup:

#6 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yay! Well done to Andy. Great win!
Best wishes
Freddy

#7 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Excellent match.... They have so much stamina!!! It's as much as I can do to get drinks of water in this heat.
Yes Freddy... The Lions romped away with their win..... Well done to all of them x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users