Photo

Could This Be Shell Rot? Or Is She Just Growing?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi All

Tillys been having a bit of a growth spurt recently as you can see from the lighter shell on her plastron, she has been out in the elements for almost a month and has been sitting in her water bowel so havent really bothered her too much as shes been so happy and I have the bench next to her so can sit and watch her, but fetched her into her table yesterday owing to weather change and noticed her top shell seems quite dry (it always has been and she had some shell damage when I got her) and seems to almost be raised or seperating in places.  Should I pop her to the vets? she has a mainly weed/flower diet with a bit of romain or rocket occasionally, I dont give her fruit, and she gets nutrabol 3-4 times a week and has a cuttle fish in enclosure...

If we do need a vet could anyone recommend a good one close to walsall, w mids?

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Where are you looking? Do you have pics of underneath too? She does have a poor shell growth. What heat is she getting and what is humidity in the hide area?

#3 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

She has basking light at30 in 1 corner, i water her inside enclosure a couple of times a week, but she is very lazy inside, i have no heat outside but she has a propergator that the sun heats up she can go in and with recent temps it would have hit 30+ easily x heroutside enclosure has been watered when v hot, she doesnt dig down just puts her head in the corner, there is plenty of depth tho

#4 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

This is the first shell growth since i've had her,-almost 12 months, i think you remember she was from pet shop for my sins and an import which didnt know at time xx

#5 jessyprice

jessyprice

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Betweenthe outer ring and upper sections of top shell x

#6 Guest_becciwales_*

Guest_becciwales_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Where's the best place to get a humidity sensor? And what type please? I've got 2 exo Terra thermometers, ordered a laser thermometer and UV sensor. But I'm worried about the humidity too :-)
Thanks again in advance for advice xx

#7 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hello

I have a thermo thermometer hygro TA138 which is great it checks humidity and temp i use it in my incubator very reliable i bought it from ebay.

Jaynex

#8 Guest_becciwales_*

Guest_becciwales_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'll look into it xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users