Pet Insurance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Does anyone have pet insurance for their tortoise?  And is this the correct forum to say where it is from and how much it costs.  Apologies if this is a 'no go' area. x x x hugs x x

#2 Loola

Loola

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I've always wondered this but from previous stuff I've read it appears to generally be a no, I think you'd have to be really careful about reading small print etc to see what you would be covered for which would obviously be large vet bills and continuous underlying health problems, from the research I've done the things like this that you really want covered tend to be 'capped' which isn't particularly helpful. Sorry if I haven't answered your question directly!

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Loola, I don't think there is a 'proper' answer, and what you say is what I suspect. I guess a personal 'saving scheme' is the best way. But sadly vets fees can be very expensive and the need for a vet can be unpredictable x x x hugs x x

#4 Loola

Loola

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

I agree it is difficult and unpredictable. I just don't think that the current insurance covers available are a good enough investment for me to pay out to.

Laura x

#5 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Insurance for torts is a very grey area and unlikely to be helpful. If you have torts from babies, there is never a way to justify the high cost of insurance as if they are kept properly there is not a lot to go wrong, other than human error. I personally would not touch it with a barge pole and put enough into an ISA each month to cover the dogs and then there is always enough in the event of a problem, I have to say though that will all my torts etc, I have still managed to get a few holidays out of this, so much better in my bank than the insurance companies :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users