Hello

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KateR

KateR

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Pet rats, animals in general, loud rock music and live gigs, tattoos, piercings, exotic holidays, reading.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi everyone, I've just joined.  I've wanted a tortoise since I was a child and have recently started doing serious research into what it entails.  I've settled on a Hermanns and am now in the process of getting stuff set up.  We spent the bank holiday building an outdoor enclosure (still some work to do on it) and have also started on the indoor one too.  We'd like a rehome if possible, but failing that would go to a breeder.  

I live in Leeds with  my husband and our pet rats.  We are already clients of Holly House, the vets that Stuart McArthur owns, so we're ready to go from that point of view.  

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

hi Kate welcome to the forum. :)

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Welcome to the forum Kate..... X x x hugs x x

#4 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum

pet rats,lovely my daughter wants another one as our pet rat roland passed away i never thought i would cry over a rat,would love to see some photo's.

Jaynex

#5 KateR

KateR

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Pet rats, animals in general, loud rock music and live gigs, tattoos, piercings, exotic holidays, reading.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Thank you all.

Jay - they are wonderful pets and all such individual characters too.  Much more interactive than other small furries too, more like dogs in the way they greet us and are excited to be around us.  You can see some pics on our website www.rattrayrattery.co.uk :)

#6 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Kate

I will have a look on your site,

Jayne

#7 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi Kate,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. We are a friendly,helpful bunch. You will get plenty of great advice here and make many new friends. Best of luck in your search for a Hermanns.
Hope you enjoy your stay. Take care.
Kind Regards
Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users