• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I went to pick up my new Hermann Tortoise today. It was just so beautiful. I have enough space at my house so I just couldn't resist... And came home with two! So I would like to introduce Pumpkin and Patch. Currently living together in their new home at my house! Attached File  IMG-20131030-00628.jpg   51.01KB   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131030-00621.jpg   37.78KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG-20131030-00629.jpg   50.61KB   0 downloads

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

hi pumpkin and patch are lovely, look forward to hearing all about them. :)

#3 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Very cute :)

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Lovely little babies. Keep the pics coming. :)

#5 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thank you everyone :-)

I know they are only just settling in but I noticed today they are spending all their time down the hot end of the table (30.6 degrees). By the time I switched the light off at dinner time they had buried themselves, under a log, at the hot end (although to the side of the basking lamps rays). They have ventured to the cooler end (20.4 degrees) but kept going back to the heat. They have eaten a little of the aloe vera and some spider plant. They seemed quite active until they put themselves to bed. It is now 19.2 degrees (time to put my heating on I think lol). Does this sound like normal behaviour? I was expecting them to bask, get warm and return to the cooler end... Are my temperatures alright?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Katie

#6 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Very cute pics katie :)

I would get the basking temp up to 32c -34c,a couple of degrees will make alot of difference to them.the ambient temps (cool end)sound good :)
Regards matt

#7 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for the advice Matt, it has helped :-)

#8 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Katie,

Congratulations on your new torts 'Patch' and 'Pumpkin'. :)  They look great. :wub:  I wish you the best of luck with them. ;)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users