• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 liamw

liamw

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi all, I have been monitoring this forum for the past couple of weeks. Find out about it from Google when searching for Hermann tortoise information as such, and it was this forum that seemed to keep popping up!

My name is Ty (middle name is liam). I've been researching the Hermann tortoise for the last few weeks and have finally decided that I want to add an addition to our family.

I currently have most of the set up... Set up (almost). And in the next week, il be hoping to find a breeder. I have been searching for the past week and I've had no luck unfortunately. So il be making another Topic, in the breeder section and hopefully have some luck there!

I'm based in Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire.

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi TY :excited:

Welcome to the forum.

I know of a breeder in Boston, if that's any help to you. I've had one of her hatchlings, so I can personally recommend her. :)

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Oh..... I've just messaged her and she's sold all of her last clutch, unfortunately. :(

#4 liamw

liamw

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ah,that's just in my range limit as well ha. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

#5 liamw

liamw

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Just read over my post, sorry about my wording! At work, my thumbs and s4 don't get along very well lol

#6 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. :)  We are a friendly, helpful bunch. You will get plenty of great advice here and make many new friends. Hope you enjoy your stay. Best of luck in your search for a tortoise. ;)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#7 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Welcome to the forum Ty, you will find loads of information and friendly advice here... X x x hugs x x

#8 jay

jay

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, :)

Jaynex

#9 liamw

liamw

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the warm welcoming!

Received our new rabbit cage. 120 cmL, 59cmW.looks bigger than I thought it would be lol.

Couple more days and we will be getting our hatchling :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users