11 replies to this topic

#1 MaggotPig

MaggotPig

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hi there :)

I'm Amanda and I live in Somerset, with my dog, 7 guinea pigs, and hermann's tortoise, Larry. Oh, and my partner!

Larry is 5 1/2 years old and currently Zzzing in the fridge. It's his first hibernation, and mine too! He's not had the best start in life, but since I've had him over the last 11 months, he's really thrived. He's a typical male, very active and always getting into mischief!

I recently moved from renting a room in a house as a lodger, to a huge 3 bedroom 1930s style house with a big garden. My main reason for joining this forum, was that I've started drawing up plans to make use of my massive garden and conservatory for Larry's living areas. I'm having a tortoise table made for the conservatory, and I'll be making an outdoor enclosure for the good weather, as the poor little beast needs all the sunlight he can get!

I will be spending some time lurking around the enclosures section, and will probably come up with one or two stupid questions as well! :P

Introducing Larry :)

Attached Files

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

:wave: Hi Amanda.

Welcome to the forum. :)

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you found us. Look forward to hearing more about your wonderful tort Larry. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hi, Amanda, welcome to the forum.  :welcomecrowd:

Larry's a lovely chap; looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing of his progress.

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hello Amanda!!! Enjoy the forum, x x x hugs x x

#6 Smudger80

Smudger80

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hi Amanda, and welcome.

:)

#7 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hi amanda welcome to the fourm :) im a somerset country bumpkin too lol

#8 MaggotPig

MaggotPig

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi amanda welcome to the fourm :) im a somerset country bumpkin too lol

I've just moved to Bridgwater from Chew Valley (seemed like a good idea at the time!) - hope you aren't too soggy wherever you are!

#9 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Oh so bit of a change then lol.i live near yeovil if you know where that is but no its not too bad here!bridgewater and surroundings areas are bad arnt they?we get nice summers tho lol

#10 MaggotPig

MaggotPig

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Oh so bit of a change then lol.i live near yeovil if you know where that is but no its not too bad here!bridgewater and surroundings areas are bad arnt they?we get nice summers tho lol

I live taunton side of Bridgwater and it's not so bad, I have lived in worse places! (Remember when Jo Yeates was killed in Bristol? Her murderer lived next door to me!). I'm out by the canals and waterways (well, everything is a bloomin' water way at the moment!) so it's great for the dog. Big garden for the tort and the army of guinea pigs that reside in my spare room. I do know Yeovil - my partner is from Chard and works in Ilminster :)

#11 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

My stepfather was a school teacher and lived in chard, before he moved up to Sheffield. We have had some lovely holidays at the gingerbread cottage near illminster. A lovely part of the country x x hugs x

#12 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Really!yes i remember the jo yeates murder,not a nice neibour then to be honest lol.very small world then,i live ten mins from chard and ilminster,would like to move to ilminster as i think its a lovely town,currently living in crewkerne and cant stand the place to be honest lol.yes can be a lovely part of the country stella when its not raining as much as it has been lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users