Garden Developments.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I have been thinking and planning a new back garden for a number of years......well this week was the beginning of mega developments.......I did feel sick before Matt started....

So in rolled the digger.....and 3 skips later the ground was almost clear.

Attached File  image.jpg   54.68KB   1 downloads

Then it rained and we developed a lake and moat. The picture was taken at lunchtime when the lads had drained away a lot of the water. The moat is where the foundations for the raised patio will be.....

Attached File  image.jpg   73.64KB   0 downloads

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi Stella,

Sounds like a great idea. You certainly do a lot for your torts. :)  Best of luck with the project! ;)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Ah Freddy, I must admit to a bit of selfishness here, I need a garden that is easy to manage in my old age. So although the developments will hopefully make the back garden easy to maintain, there is an element of tort safety for a larger wandering area!! I can't wait til it is finished. X x x hugs x

#4 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Looks like a lot of hard work going on, but it will be worth it in the end as you say, for you and your tortoises.

I'm doing some very minor changes this year to mine, but hopefully with a bonus for the torts too ;)

#5 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

It would be great to see pictures Sue..... This year in Tort Lodge Gardens I am hoping to get some more plants in..... Some that won't get eaten in seconds and will offer a bit of shade and digging opportunities!! I have been checking out Oz's set up for this. Last year what didn't get eaten got trampled and flattened!!!! Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this x x hugs x x

#6 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

We are nearly there.......I am really pleased with how it is going..

Attached File  image.jpg   48.89KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   48.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   55.34KB   0 downloads

And then the lights......

Attached File  image.jpg   26.08KB   0 downloads

Hugs x x x

#7 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Looks great stella,plenty of time and money has gone in to that no doubt :)

#8 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Are the flags going to be covered Stella. Sorry difficult to imagine, I probably missed a bit :)

#9 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Matt..... It is my mums inheritance I have spent..... She loved her garden so it seemed a fitting tribute to her.
Not sure what you mean about the pavers being covered Sue. They will be as you see. X x hugs x x

#10 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Yes im sure she would be very pleased stella as it looks great :).roll on the summer so you can get out and make the most of it :)

#11 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Oh, it's me, sorry, thought the paved area was the tort area lol 

#12 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

No Sue... lol.... I have Tort Lodge Gardens for the torts.... However, everything is nice and safe now should they feel the need to have a wander round!! X x x hugs x x

#13 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

I really must start looking at things through my human eyes and not the tort ones lol :blush: Sorry about that. I'm sure your Mum will be thrilled with your use of inheritance. I had a little windfall yesterday from a lady who I cared for, but had to turn it down as we are not allowed to have legacies etc. I do hope the person who benefits will put it to good use, there's nothing like a nice garden is there?

#14 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hi Stella, it looks great :)

hopefully we get another great summer so you can enjoy it. x

#15 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hi Stella,

The paved area looks great and now the torts have a safe area that's great too. It was money well spent. I'm sure your mum would be proud. Well done again.

Roll on summer! lol :)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#16 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I can't wait to get outside and get planting. And get my torts up so they can explore if they wish. It is strange to look at the garden now as because it has been levelled the garden borders are now raised beds...... And the raised herb garden is not as raised as it was!!!!

It is no bad thing viewing the world through torts eyes Sue... Lol..... I have had them in mind throughout the works!!! And only tort safe plants will be planted where they can roam. David is going to make a few hides to scatter on the soily bits..
My concern now is Tom our hedgehog, who has lived in Hog Palace all winter and who I think is moving about now. He will need a little step ladder to get onto the pavers which was once his lawn. X x x hugs x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users