• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I was soaking Littlefoot and noticed that he had gone to the bathroom quite more then he usually does. When he was finished, I picked him up a noticed one of my hairs hanging to him. Not realizing it was IN him, I tugged and then noticed It was. I set him down and got a pair of scissors and cut it as far down as I could. I did some research and most everything said it'll pass but DONT pull on it. Im terrified I hurt him. Please help! NEVER LETTING HIM ON THE BED AGAIN.

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

He should be fine as long as you didn't use too much force when pulling it. My tortoises have ended up eating my hair when stray bits end up in their tortoise table and they eat them along with their food!. It should pass through in the next few days with no problems.

#3 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

I didnt use much force at all because I thought it was just stuck to him. I have very long hair that is usually tied back but it does get everywhere. I had panicked last night and called Petsmart asking for any exotic animal doctors and they had given me a number. I called, spoke to the doctor and he said he should be O.K.

I just feel terrible. Like he is in pain because of me :(  I hope this passes through him ok... Thanks for the reassurance. 

#4 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

As kelly said,he will be fine,suprising what they eat and pass out!
Regards matt

#5 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

Good news!!!! Littlefoot just went to the bathroom and passed allot of it.  I think one more soak and he will be okay :)

#6 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

I once had one pass so many little stones, it was alike a little necklace. Generally what goes in must come out again. The danger of pulling a long hair is obviously looping the intestines, but a little bit won't hurt as has been found out :) Glad it's on the way out now ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users