• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

With the planting season nearly upon us again, I'm getting ready to begin sowing. Further to my pinned article regarding growing from seed, if there's any particular weed or flower any member would like to me try this year, please let me know. I'll have a go at growing them from seed, and report the success rate later on in the season.

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Just as a matter interest Graham, have you ever had a problem with any of the Herbiseed Mediterranean mix?  I would like you to try to grow Echinacea, just because I can't lol :D

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Hi, Sue. No, I've not tried growing echinacea before, but as you've now set me a challenge, it'll be the first on my list. :)
I'll let you know how I get on.

#4 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Ooh brill :D  Do loads Graham, then you can sell the plants to numpties like me :blink2: It's a bit like lupins, my daughter grows them like weeds, but they hate my garden and just won't grow at all, even if I buy large healthy plants :(  Obviously I can't put them in the back garden because of the torts, so maybe it is the north facing front garden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users