• Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

---------------------------------------------------------

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Oh that's odd lol

Anyway the apology was to do with smileys that I use now and again :blush:  Apparently (as told on another forum) my winky smileys are annoying and seen as sarcasm. I never knew that and thought they were just like a wink in any other concept, a sort of friendly aside. Well, just to say that if I have winked at anyone, it's certainly not been meant sarcastically or cockily, I would never do that. Seems that getting older is not always a case of getting wiser :rolleyes:  Hope my other smileys are OK. 

#3 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

That's OK then. I thought the whistling sign was a sign of sarcasm. I will be careful though in future, just in case lol thanks for the thumbs up :D

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

I am the same Sue, I take them in a friendly way, and don't see a problem with them, maybe on the other forum there just reading too much into it. ;)

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Wink away Sue. We have no problem with it. ;)

#6 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

LOL, maybe! I did once have someone think I was being over familiar for saying lol, they thought it meant lots of love :D

#7 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Kelly ;)

#8 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

LOL, maybe! I did once have someone think I was being over familiar for saying lol, they thought it meant lots of love :D

:lol:

#9 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Me too, Sue. I always thought the wink smiley was a friendly aside that meant something along the lines of "you know what I mean?".

Not to worry... ;)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

#10 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

People are silly- your advice is always brilliant, incredibly helpful and always puts me at ease! So wink away lol (that's a haha by the way)

#11 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Oh that's odd lol
Anyway the apology was to do with smileys that I use now and again :blush:  Apparently (as told on another forum) my winky smileys are annoying and seen as sarcasm. I never knew that and thought they were just like a wink in any other concept, a sort of friendly aside. Well, just to say that if I have winked at anyone, it's certainly not been meant sarcastically or cockily, I would never do that. Seems that getting older is not always a case of getting wiser :rolleyes:  Hope my other smileys are OK.

People's insecurities Sue!,, wink away....... Those people who live to criticise will always find fault.........and discover far too late their facial features will age them!!!!!!!
There are far too many things in life to worry about than 'out of place winks'
Hugs x x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users