- - - - -

STOLEN TORTOISE

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:34 PM

As some of you may no i sell captive bred tortoises redfoots ,horsfields,spurthighs,and hermans , this week was a busy week with people coming to view them i only had redfoots for sale but also had some horsfields on reserve for some one unfortunately after several viewers had been that day monday 5th december i noticed that one of the horsfields had gone , i think i no the couple who took it but i had only talked through pm's so had no address to go by if your the people who took it SHAME ON YOU YOUR DISGUSTING AFTER ALL THE TIME AND PATIENCE I SPENT TELLING YOU ABOUT TORTOISE HUSBANDRY AND THE EXTRAS I GAVE YOU i hope your ashamed of yourselves

#2 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:38 PM

I am so sorry to hear this, this is terrible. I too hope these people feel totally ashamed of themselves and that they have no luck after stealing from you.:)

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

Thanks omare for the support i feel so bad for the tortoise the people in question had no idea how to care for such a tiny animal it was only 3 months old i gave them all the advise i could and they left with plenty of free goodies to start them of on the prospect that when they had done there home work they could then be allowed to take a tortoise, there greed obviously go the better of them and my trusting nature is now probably the down fall of this poor little mite so lesson learnt never leave the room for ne second also the animal was ordered by a very nice couple who had done all there home work to end up with nothing

#4 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Do you have vet surgeries nearby that you can maybe put posters up asking for people to keep a look out, they may go to a vet to ask for advice etc. You put your trust in people and this is the thanks you get in return, I hope their hands drop off.:)

#5 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:05 PM

Will do that also anyone out there who may be asked on advise for the care of a hatchling horsfields tortoise( this is a rearity not many captive bred horsfieds about 2 1/2 inches in lenghtabout) please question them on how they aquired the animal thanks

#6 Guest_Jo_Lo_*

Guest_Jo_Lo_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:04 PM

I really hope these selfish people know what they are doing, when I got my first tort the most invaluable thing that came with him was his breeder's support.

Jo

#7 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

Where abouts are you Piglet, just so we know?

#8 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

I'm in chester cheshire i think the couple where from the wirral (birkenhead)

#9 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

Gee I hope they're not thinking of giving it as a Christmas present, alot of exotic pet shops stop selling animals around this time to prevent them being given as unwanted gifts. Have you tried emailing the couple and if so what have you said to them.

#10 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

Yes numerous times but no repy so i assume GUILTY

#11 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:32 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-12-05 AT 07:33 PM (GMT)]May I suggest you go to this website and post a notice there, it's read by lots of people and make sure you click on the "whole of the uk" button so everyone can be made aware, give as many details as possible and if so add an email address, you never know but it just might help

http://www.askyourne...?tid=5574&cid=0

#12 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:50 PM

Thank you very much for that omare done it you never no it might help

#13 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

People that steal things like this often can't keep quiet about it and it only takes one animal lover to read it,put two and two together and report it so it's worth a try. I hope it helps. :)

#14 Guest_lee_car_*

Guest_lee_car_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

sorry to here that, can admin not trace the ip? then give it to the police?

lee

#15 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

I might try that thanks

#16 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

Thank you every one for your concerns and advise but i have been in touch wih the police and they say there is nothing really they can do as i never saw anyone take the animal even by traceing there ip etc what could be done without a search warant i just hope they listened to the advise i gave them on the care for baby tortoises and care for with proper care , i will put it down to experience but again thank you all you have been all most helpful
Darren

#17 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:17 AM

i hope those ppl feel really ashamed. i hope the tortie is ok poor little thing :-(

#18 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

How about contacting your local BBC Radio Station and put out an appeal, it will be put out across the BBC also look at BBC Radio Webpages and circulate your message on their messageboards.

#19 Guest_lisa0307_*

Guest_lisa0307_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

Have you tried offering a reward?

#20 Guest_blondesarah_*

Guest_blondesarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Well i am totally disgusted that some one did this to your darren. You have helped alot of us out with tortoise husbandry.
It isnt like you are in it for the money either, all your money goes back into feeding and equipment needed for all your tortoises.
If the people who stole this tortoise are reading this, please give the tortoise back to darren. If not give it to chester zoo and darren can pick it up from there as he doesnt live far away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users