Spring?...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

It seems we are on our way. There are lots of buds on the trees now and new growth sprouting.

Attached File  image.jpg   74.05KB   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   92.46KB   0 downloads

Hugs x x x

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

I've seen the first daffodils flowering. :)

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

My hibiscus and white mallow cuttings are beginning to show green leafings, so I do hope that Spring's on it's way at long last. I'm so looking forward to all my seedlings taking and growing for Harry to devour when he's up. Let's hope the worst of the weather's over  :fingers_crossed:

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

I ordered all my seeds for the outdoor enclosure a couple of days ago. Now that the worst of the weather seems to be over, it may be safe to sew them and get everything ready for when my two can get out again. :) 

#5 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Unless you know they are not hardy, I would sew them now, as many native seeds need a period of stratification or a cold snap to get them going. This is why some seeds fail, if left where they are they often come through the following year after they have stratified ;)

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

That was my plan now the heavy rain had finally seemed to have stopped. :) The seeds should be with me in the next day or two. I've spent today tidying all the dead stuff out of the outdoor enclosure in preparation.

Hazel even had a couple of hours outside. She'd got the nose of a bloodhound and soon sniffed out some bittercress growing in there. She must have been nibbling on the lump chalk too as the evidence was all around her face! :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users