2 replies to this topic

#1 Pickle1983

Pickle1983

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi all,

I found some Yarrow at a garden centre today, is this edible for tortoises?

On one website it says it was and on another it said it was toxic! So im reluctant to feed it to her now.

Could anyone clear this up please?

Also - is there an up to date list of edible plants on this forum somewhere? I tried to find it but didnt have much luck and I think the one i found online might be incorrect as it says Yarrow is fine! Also the names of most of the plants were not recognisable so I think this may be an American version!

Thank you,

Nic

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi Nic, it not edible, here you go http://www.thetortoi...=main&catID=403

this is the link to the web site it's really good you can find out what's good and what's not.  http://www.thetortoi...e/plants_19.asp. :)

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hi, Nic, I totally endorse what Karen says, use the Tortoise Table to check for the suitability of foods for your tort. They err on the side of caution, so there may be some plants on there which conflict with other opinions, but by my reckoning, there is ample choice from there so you can feed your tort a very varied selection of feed without any worries at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users