1 reply to this topic

#1 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hi everyone :)

It has been a little while since of posted because everything has been doing well! Little foots shell has been improving, and he grows more curious and loving everyday. Ive been taking him out when its sunny, and he loves to eat the weeds in the garden. His overall health seems to be great.

Just one thing though. I had a 100 watt day bulb and recently upgraded to a 150 watt because all he would ever do was sit under the lamp (because I live with many people and the overall temperature of the house never goes above 70 degrees F...) I have a thermometer at the substrate and it read about 95 F. (sometimes it goes up by two or down depending on the day) And now it seems like he never goes under it! Im stuck on what to do. Ive tried moving it up and tried to water the substrate down. Any ideas on what I should do? or is it okay the way it is...? Also, It seems like when I come home he just lays down and looks around. Mostly just stares at me. My roommates say that the walks around while im at work and I can tell he does., But for the most part he only goes in the cool area to eat and climb on his rocks. otherwise he'll sit a little bit away from the lamp and stares at me.

Any advice you could give would be awesome. :) thanks guys.

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Try giving him the 100 watt bulb again ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users