It's Good To Be Out........

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Even though it is raining, my creep love to be outdoors. Attached File  image.jpg   105.26KB   1 downloads
X x x hugs x x

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

LOL, you love that word don't you Stella :)

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yes I do Sue...... What do you call a collection of tortoises?..... I just think someone said....' Look at all those tortoises creeping along'........but then to my mind it must have been a cold day!!! What would have been said on a really hot day watching young tortoises, climbing, running around...... Even doing what they do in the spring or whenever the opportunity arrives!!!! Heaven forbid!!!
Any ideas for a group of tortoises...... I know.....a group!!! Lol x x

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

You are already correct, Stella, the collective noun for a group of tortoises is, indeed, a Creep.

If it were up to me, I would have suggested a Trundling, a Conch (shell connection), or a Panzer (they remind me of little tanks).

#5 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

I call it a creep too, because that is what it is, but I usually refer to mine as 'the mob' or my 'terrors' a term shared with my grandchildren. Now when it comes to crows, I like to refer to them as 'targets' lol 

#6 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I never knew they were called creeps!i like it tho,learn some thing new everday!i call my herbies dont ask my why as i dont know my self lol

#7 Laura-1992

Laura-1992

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

What an awesome word for a group of them.. and they really do creep!! Although sherman charges when I put food in there now..theres no stopping him haha

#8 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

I call it a creep too, because that is what it is, but I usually refer to mine as 'the mob' or my 'terrors' a term shared with my grandchildren. Now when it comes to crows, I like to refer to them as 'targets' lol

Lol we call our pigeon that as well Sue....... And it isn't a term of endearment!!! X x x hugs x

#9 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

It's not with these damned crows either. They have taken up residence in all the unused chimneys around here and are a danger to my tortoises. I'm afraid I don't discourage the pigeons, in fact a have a dove cote they can use, but they are no danger and I quite like listening to their cooing :)

#10 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Ha ha ha!!! It's their constant pooing that is more annoying!!! Crows are horrid, great black things with beaks like crabs claws!!! X x x hugs x

#11 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

LOL, I don't notice the poo, it must disappear into the gravel around the dove cote. I go to an elderly lady once a week though and constantly have to clean the path and the window sills. Her neighbours feed them and it attracts rats which I then have to remove too - yuk! Did you know that if you aim a catapult at crows, they know, so if you pretend to aim a catapult, they fly away - they still come back though lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users