• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newmummy

newmummy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

So I've put my two out in their new enclosure. I still need to sort out a little greenhouse for them and I'm still waiting for some hebe cuttings to root. But they do like the Duplo hide. Mulbs has buried herself though as I think its not quite war enough for her. Its 14, with some lovely sun. :) Its going to drop to 3 overnight so I will probs bring them in tonight...

Attached Files

#2 newmummy

newmummy

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

The pebbles are in a seed tray raised up like a little mountain. Still need to do feeding slate and a proper water bowl. Any ideas for extras? I've got quite a few seeds germinating so I will plant up with a bit of foliage.

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hi newmummy,

That looks like a good size enclosure for them, but to them it will seem quite a large open space, I would add more plants for them to hide under like grasses, hebe, heather etc, you could also add more things for them  to climb over and make it more interesting for them like stones/ rocks, chippings, try and think of a natural environment for them and they will love it. :)

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hi, your outdoor enclosure looks good, as Karen says a few bits of climbing and hiding interests can work wonders. There are loads of great ideas in this section. I am re vamping tort lodge gardens this year........

#5 Mrs.C

Mrs.C

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Love the duplo house! Adorable :)

#6 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I'd put the soil at different levels if it was me, lots of hills and dips to break up sight lines and add rocks and half plantpots sticking out of the soil for them to bury under, which will help with good growth instead of hides etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users