• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys. I just picked up Little foot today to give him a soak, and i noticed his eyes are watery!

Hes been doing really well, eating and going to the bathroom fine, he is active for the most part, goes to sleep and wakes up same as he always has. Maybe im just scaring myself, but Im ot sure if its okay for his eyes to be watery. His nose is clear, hes breathing threw it. not from his mouth. sometimes when he breathes he does move his legs but I thought that was a normal thing. If someone could reasure me or tell if theres a issue that'd be great.Thanks. 

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Watery eyes can happen at any time, even in dry conditions as tortoises hold onto water for when it is needed. Are they running or just wet? If running, your substrate might be too dry and causing irritation. If just one eye, it may be an infection, but if he is otherwise healthy, then most likely nothing to worry about.

#3 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

Yeah it was both eyes, and they just looked as if you would if you were about to cry. Just a line of water in his eye crease. he fine now, just scared me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users