• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pam

pam

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Hi I'm after a bit of advice as what to do, for the past week Daisy hasn't been eating much but as the weather hadn't been to kind here I was not too bothered, but the last couple of days has been lovely and still she doesn't seem to want to come out her house much, she may have a look then a nibble or sometimes not even bother, and today on my day off I put her out side in the sun in her bath and after she started to eat usually she would devour what she has , mallow, pansy, knapweed, plantain etc but to today she had a flower a few bites of bits and pieces then toddled back to her house, there is no heating on etc. The thing is I am going away on Saturday for 2 weeks and my neighbour is popping in each morning and evening to see to her, I was going to get her tested for worms when I came back just as an annual thing I like to do but 'Im thing should I treat her before I go just in case?

#2 Guest_Wizzasmum_*

Guest_Wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Try removing her house and just giving her the normal soil to dig down into, this sometimes kick starts natural behaviour. Try her with a warm bath before feeding and have a look if her mouth is nice and pink and not pale at all. Have you had her wormed at all - this might be an option. I do mine annually as there is always risk of cross contamination in captivity.

#3 pam

pam

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hi Sue thank you for replying, her mouth is nice and pink, she hasn't been wormed since around this time last year so I'm going to worm her to see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users