#1 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Teaching, Pets.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hello all,

New to the forums so thought I best introduce myself.
I am a 30 year old male that lives in little oakley, Harwich in Essex. I have a partner of 8 years and two little boys. Last year I bought my own home and am now free to do as a please. I have recently been asked to take on my mother's two hermann's as she can no longer care for them. Although they don't ask for much she is disabled and struggles to even clean them out without getting ill.
The hermann's are about 3 years old and I will know more when I get the certificates from mum. I bought them as a present so I should really know. They have been living in a viv which the pet store sold us (upselling I suppose) stating they needed to be in one as they are Mediterranean. Which after doing some research just before I moved out realised this was not true. As I do not live with mum anymore the care simply isn't available. As I own my own home I promised mum that I would build them an outside enclosure and care for them and she can come over and see them enjoying their new home.

I have read so much into them the last year or so as I was expecting them. Looking at what's best etc. And there is so much misinformation. One place will tell you one thing and others something completely
different.

Anyway I feel I am in the right place now and am happy that this community will support their transition to my back yard.

Head on over to the enclosure forum where I will post some pics of progress so far and some questions you may be able to help with.

Thanks and I look forward to chatting to you all very soon.

Darren

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hello Darren, welcome to this lovely forum. You will certainly get all the information, advice and discussion you will need to make sure your mums torts enjoy their new home. I am glad you are going to keep them outside, apart from being a much healthier place for them, the 'cleaning' process is so much easier. X x x hugs x x

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hi Darren, welcome to the forum. :)

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hi Darren. Nice to see that you finally managed to log on O.K . :D 

Welcome to the forum. :)

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. :)  We are a friendly,helpful bunch. You will get plenty of great advice here and make many new friends. Look forward to hearing more about your wonderful torts and seeing some pics. :wub:  Hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

Kind Regards

Freddy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users