Photo

Newb

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

One thing that tortoises always hate is change. Whether for the worse or for the better, they don't like it as everything familiar to them is gone and so they either hide away or try to escape as a rule. Don't worry, she will get used to it and then it's up to you to keep it similar for her. This is why tortoises take a while to settle in when going to new homes. I like to tell people how I have kept my babies when they move house, to make the transition easier for them. Some people are always changing things, a bit like changing their own furniture around, but it can be quite stressful for them. She will be fine once she gets used to it ;)

#22 MiriMaran

MiriMaran

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have boys age 11 and 12, 1 husband, 2 dogs, 2 pigs, 1 goat, 1 tortoise, 3 sheep and 19 chickens. Lots of mouths to feed ad not much time for hobbies. I work as a self employed gardener.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

Thanks Sue. Yes she's constantly trying to escape. I've spent this summer doing everything the same as the previous owner, but I really want to change things for the better and get Herbella outside and get rid of the table.

#23 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Good for you :) It's surprising how long they put up with incorrect habitat isn't it and even worse, how the owner never thought it was wrong :( She will love next year outdoors :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users