Alternative To Nutrobal

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

I am needing to get some more nutrobal and know I have read somewhere there is another brand of the similar stuff which appears to be more palatable.... Can anyone point me in the right direction to get some please. X x x hugs x x x

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Hi Stella, I use Nekton MSA :)  here you go  http://www.amazon.co...ords=nekton msa  there's also sellers on ebay. :)

#3 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

Thanks Karen, going to give it a try x x x xhugs x x x

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

Hi Stella,

I changed from Nutrobal to Nekton MSA some time ago, my lot eat it on there weeds just fine, even the hatchlings. :)

#5 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Mine have been on Nekton for many years now - I'd never go back to Nutrobal, it goes off quickly and develops a nasty smell and basically the torts don't like it lol. You only need a tiny amount of Nekton and since using it, I have found elderly and unfit tortoises have had a new lease of life - no I don't have shares in the company lol ;)

#6 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Im going to try Neckton aswell,mine dont seem to keen on nutribol either :)

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Im going to try Neckton aswell,mine dont seem to keen on nutribol either :)

I would Matt, I think you'll find it a lot better, I wouldn't go back to using nutrobal. :)

#8 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

I ordered it yesterday, hopefully it will arrive in a couple of days. I have been thinking a while now of making the change, but it doesn't seem available in the shops and sometimes ordering over the internet can be a frustrating experience with all those passwords and other obstacles designed to trick you.
Sue, do you feed your outside oldies with a nekton dusting..... I was wondering about Bertha who as you may remember came to me with mobility problems. I can honestly say after a year of trying to negotiate the ups and downs of Tort Lodge Gardens, she is much more nifty getting about. X x x xhugs x x x

#9 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yes im going to order some now karen :) my bearded dragons not keen on it either so can put it on his food too :)

#10 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

It's not available in the shops as it is German. I use it for all my torts and wouldn't go back to Nutrobal. Be sure to order either Nekton MSA or Nekton rep though as the normal one is for birds, which have different requirements. The MSA is higher calcium so better suited to growing babies, gravid females and those needing therapy for MBD etc. As usual the Germans are way ahead of us. Amazon stock it so if you have an Amazon account it's quite safe. Only use sites with the Lock symbol. It's pretty easy to spot the insecure sites.

#11 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes i ordered some off amazon too sue,should be here tomorrow.do you use the sort of same dosage as nutribol?

#12 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yes, I use it daily for babies and less often for older ones. I prefer to give smaller amounts daily than just give every few days, which eliminates the possibility of them being picky.

#13 Andy Robertson

Andy Robertson

Tortoise Forum Newby

• VIP Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

I have used this for the last couple of years, really good as my torts would hardly touch there food with Nutobol. When I sell my hatchlings, I also give the new owners a small tub of Nekton MSA with them.

#14 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

I do this too Andy and give them a link to an Amazon seller. It's always good to keep them on what they are used to for a while ;)

#15 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

I do the same, I advise all my hatchlings new owners to use nekton msa, quite a few haven't heard of it, they seem to hear about nutrobal but not the nekton. :)

#16 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Nekton has arrived..... X x x hugs x x x

#17 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Still waiting on mine Stella,should have arrived today!

#18 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

Matt, when it comes there is a foil cover under the lid. I made some 'pepper pot' holes in it with a skewer!! What I didn't reckon on was the Nekton being much finer than nutrobal!!! I really shouldn't have put in so many holes!!!
All the babes are woofing down their tea!!
X x x hugs x xAttached File  image.jpg   64.44KB   1 downloads

#19 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Bless them,they seem to be enjoying it :)about half hour after saying it hadnt arrived,it arrived!i look the how tin foil cover off,should i of done this?i used the scoop to put it on his food,obvious not alot

#20 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Oh is there a scoop!!!!! Ha ha ha!!!
David always drilled holes in the nutrobal top to make using the nutrobal easier to use...... For me shaking it on like salt is easier than taking a pinch!,,, so I thought I would do the same with the new stuff. ....... Carry on as you would!!!! I am checking out the chat room for an experiment...... Fancy joining me!!! X x xhugs x x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users