Babe Blowing Bubbles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yesterday I noticed one of the babes born in June was ''squeeking' every so often, pulling her head in when she did it.
Today she was doing it again, and it have noticed she has blown some liquid from her nose. Now she was waking up so hasn't been in water or anything as yet today.
She has been gaining weight and is active. I have isolated her at the moment til I get advice of 'worry or no worry'
Hugs x x x x

#2 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Oh no stella :( hope its nothing serious and your babe recovers soon :)
Regards matt

#3 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

If it is on waking I would increase temps day and night and if it does not change within the day, take to vets for swabs etc and possible antibiotics if positive for anything. Good luck

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Shall I keep the night temps at 30 degree. She seems fine at the moment, eaten loads and is very active. X x xhugs x x

#5 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Maybe not quite so warm if she is eating ok, but don't let her get cold - could be just an allergy or irritation. If she goes off her food though, or starts gaping get her to the vets ASAP and not just your common or garden vet with a baby.

#6 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Mmmm you may be right about an irritation, I have had her bathed and there has been no squeaking and been watching her this last hour ( oh the hardship lol) and no runny nose or bubble. X x x hugs x x x

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hi Stella, how's the baby doing. :)

#8 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hi Karen, she seems fine. I have her isolated with a heat lamp, day and night. I bathed her a couple of times yesterday and there was no indication of fluid from her nose. Yesterday she ate well and was very active and I spent a good portion of the day watching her with no sign of illness. She has buried under the soil to sleep and when awake she is very responsive.

I have the set up indoors now, for all the babes, I wondered if taking them in and out of the house was stressing them, and particularly this little one... When out these last couple of days they just seemed to bury into the soil and not make use of the sunshine. X x x hugs x x x

#9 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hi Stella, that's good to hear, it is a worry when you think they might be unwell. :)

#10 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Yes, you are right Karen. I will monitor her today and hopefully she will give off the good vibes. Then I will see about putting her back with the others, though she could stay where she is, a nice detached des res!!!! What do you think about putting her back x x x hugs x x x

#11 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Stella, taking them in and out is always unsettling for tortoises, it's just that the bigger ones don't show it so clearly. Babies need a stable environment, especially at this time of year when temps fluctuate so much ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users