• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

Thank you, will definitely put them into hibernation then this year. Didn't realise that was large as they looked so small! What can I do now to slow down their growth? Do you think I should be feeding them less? They grew lots, very quickly over the summer being in the garden just because food was there- as you can see from rings around scutes... They are inside now (and a little confused by the temperature change!) so I will have a lot more control!

Attached Files

#22 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

That growth line looks fine to me. Outdoors they will have grown more smoothly due to the humidity, so that is much better than them growing too fast indoors ;)

Good luck with hibernation :)

#23 littlemiss

littlemiss

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Thank you! Glad they are looking ok too. Shell growth is a constant worry and I think I get a bit obsessive about it!! But I figure it is better to work hard to keep it smooth than to not be bothered lol anyway, it is reassuring to hear that it is looking ok at the moment! And hopefully a couple of months hibernating will help with their size too... :) 

#24 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

She's fine, not too oversized, but bigger than they would be in the wild at that age. So long as you concentrate on humidity levels when indoors and give them lots to do rather than just eating and sleeping as many do, she will be fine I'm sure. It's good you are so vigilant with her growth as it's not something that can be undone like mammals :(

#25 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

However........ This beautiful warm weather we are now experiencing has had a positive effect on my creep. All are out and enjoying the sun x x x xhugs x x x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users