• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bennycake

bennycake

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

My 26 month old tortoise hasn't had a poo or urates for over a week now, he's still very active and eating well(though not as much as in the summer) I've been bathing him everyday for the last 4 days but still nothing. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

#2 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

How often were you bathing him before this? They do slow down this time of year, but it depends on where you are keeping him. Idoes the substrate have damp areas and what substrate are you using? He may well be recycling his poo!

#3 bennycake

bennycake

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hi Sue, Pablo was getting a bath once a week before the constipation. His substrate is topsoil(although I recently changed it to a different one) I water his substrate once a day so that there are damp area's. Although he hasn't done a poo or urates he does seem his usual self.

#4 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

He's probably just starting to wind himself down. Sorry, didn't notice the name lol. I'd not be too worried about lack of poop, it doesn't necessarily mean constipation as their digestive systems are very different to mammals and they can go a long time without a poop, hence the length of time taken to wind down ;) So long as he is well hydrated, it's likely nothing :)

#5 bennycake

bennycake

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

Thanks again for the advice sue, I'll keep an eye on the little fella and keep you updated.

#6 bennycake

bennycake

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Been having trouble getting on the forum last few weeks, but just to let you know Pablo did a big poo at the end of October which was a relief. He has done several since then although not as regular as late summer. All in all he's just fine.Thanks for the advice Sue.

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi it's good to hear Pablo is doing well. :)

We did have a couple of problems with the forum but there all sorted now, let us know if your still having them. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users