#1 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Teaching, Pets.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hi all,

As you may well know I have built an outdoor insulated house and i therefore plan to use this for hibernation. I purchased a tubular heater with thermostat. The issue is to set it up I need to turn it on to the desired temperature and then reduce the dial until it turns yellow. Unless temps go below 5 degrees I cannot do this. Therefore I need to buy a plug in frost thermostat so it turns on at 3 degrees and goes off at 5 degrees. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced thermostat that is reliable and has the desired affect? Any links welcome.

Thanks

Darren

#2 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

There are links on my website www.tortsmad.com/links.htm go for a plug in one, much easier to use and preset ;)

#3 StGeorge1984

StGeorge1984

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:DIY, Teaching, Pets.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

Hi sue, I can only find links to tubular heaters on tortsmad and there is nothing to the link. I have purchased a tubular heater but the thermostat doesn't have numbers around the dial.

What I need is a plug in thermostat that is accurate enough to turn on at 3 degrees and go off at 4-5 degrees. I have found a couple online but they have some good reviews but also some poor ones. I am looking for one I know is going to work accurately to full affect.

Do you, or anyone else own one that they know works well? If so do you happen to have a link for it? It's getting quite urgent now as my lowest temp since i reset was 4.3 degrees and I worry about a frost coming in without prior warning.

Many thanks,

Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users