8 Year Old Female Hermanni Boettgeris

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

I have just received back from a Scottish owner, four of my home bred 8 year old hermanni boettgeri tortoises. I am not looking to make vast amounts of money from these, but will be looking at recuperating the costs of getting them down from Scotland, re-registering them onto permanent papers and associated microchipping with the smaller nanochips (I will no longer use standard chips with my tortoises) I am looking to hibernate them and move them on in the spring, but if anyone is interested, please contact me for pics and details and ASAP please before wind down begins.

Thanks for looking

Sue

#2 Jimatt

Jimatt

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Sea fishing, Gardening, grandchildren.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Ref the hermanni bettering mentioned in your post.
I'm in the process building an indoor area (one half of my 12tf.x 8ft. Greenhouse ) with an adjoining outdoor run of about 10sq. meters.I'd love to to be considered as a possible new owner of your tortoises. I will be happy to cover your out of pocket expense plus any additional cost you have.I'v kept, and bred many breeds of macaw, cockatoo, Amazon etc. so I know what involved species from warmer climates and have a good understanding of their dietary requirements.
I'm a very new member of this forum but my contact details will be on record.

Regards Jim Matthews.

#3 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ref the hermanni bettering mentioned in your post.
I'm in the process building an indoor area (one half of my 12tf.x 8ft. Greenhouse ) with an adjoining outdoor run of about 10sq. meters.I'd love to to be considered as a possible new owner of your tortoises. I will be happy to cover your out of pocket expense plus any additional cost you have.I'v kept, and bred many breeds of macaw, cockatoo, Amazon etc. so I know what involved species from warmer climates and have a good understanding of their dietary requirements.
I'm a very new member of this forum but my contact details will be on record.
Regards Jim Matthews.

Hi Jim. Two of them are spoken for, but the other two will be available in the spring. If you can send me pics of the area when finished I would certainly consider letting them go. Do you have other pets besides the birds? Obviously I am looking for forever homes for them to avoid them having to be uprooted again.

#4 Jimatt

Jimatt

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Sea fishing, Gardening, grandchildren.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Sue,
Many thanks for your prompt response. As soon as my little Croatia/Greece i is finished I'll send you photo's (at least, one of my children will!) . At the moment we have dogs, ponies, chickens and marine fish/corals. Usually, anything that comes to live with us is here for the duration
Regards Jim.

#5 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

You will need to dog proof the area Jim as dogs and torts are often a bad mix. I'm not anti dog as have one myself! but none are to be trusted 100%

#6 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Three are now spoken for, so just the one that will be available in spring :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users