#41 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Thanks guys has been hard but im glad ive got my fam and kids to keep me occupied as i never really get attached to animals enough but for some reason even tho only having her for 10days i really fell for her!
We are going to get another english bull but have decided to wait til the kids have grown up a little so maybe in another couple years or so as it was part of a dummy teat that did the damage!

#42 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

Its such an easy thing to happen Matt and nobody's fault. My Esther had a similar problem only a couple of months ago, demolished the end of one of those Kong chew toys between buying it in the shop and driving back home. I took it off her but plenty had gone down the hatch and the following day she was poorly with blocked stomach, which we were able to clear with vomiting as it had not reached the intestine. Very scary though and not a lot you can do to help at the time. I think its a good idea to wait until the kids are a bit bigger, maybe in a year or two. Love to all.

#43 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

She is so cute! I have 2 cocker spaniels and the one completely ignores Herbie but the other is not so good however wouldn't trust either completely as not worth it. I have only had Herbie (5mth old Hermann) for a couple of weeks and I have a large indoor rabbit pen for inside and am about to start on the outdoor enclosure but will definitely have a lid to be on the safe side :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users