Just Noticed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hi

Just noticed the thread I started called Hibernation was closed. I am confused as to why you called me Ozrig an what I did to cause such a plummet in my thread?

I asked the question that I did because I have never had a tortoise before but wanted one for quite sometime. How am I to learn to care for Elsie if I don't ask questions. ?

Sometimes as I near the time for dialysis I do get a little bit giddy ( my dad says ) but I don't think k I have been giddy on here ! I will try not to question as much an buy another book because the one I did buy is rubbish!!

#2 JerryMaffz

JerryMaffz

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

Don't worry. The thread was closed for other reasons. Seems that Ozric's comments were not welcomed..Shame really because they were quite interesting to me. His comments have been deleted. 

You carry on with whatever questions you have. I'm sure that everyone here is more than happy to give you advice. You clearly want to do the best you can for your Elsie. It's good to see.....and there's nothing wrong with being a bit giddy sometimes. :)

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

Don't worry. The thread was closed for other reasons. Seems that Ozric's comments were not welcomed..Shame really because they were quite interesting to me. His comments have been deleted. 

You carry on with whatever questions you have. I'm sure that everyone here is more than happy to give you advice. You clearly want to do the best you can for your Elsie. It's good to see.....and there's nothing wrong with being a bit giddy sometimes. :)

Hi everyone's comments are welcome on the forum as long as they are not there to cause trouble or a personal attack on other members, Ozric's posts were deleted as requested by him.  :)

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

Hi

Just noticed the thread I started called Hibernation was closed. I am confused as to why you called me Ozrig an what I did to cause such a plummet in my thread?

I asked the question that I did because I have never had a tortoise before but wanted one for quite sometime. How am I to learn to care for Elsie if I don't ask questions. ?

Sometimes as I near the time for dialysis I do get a little bit giddy ( my dad says ) but I don't think k I have been giddy on here ! I will try not to question as much an buy another book because the one I did buy is rubbish!!

Morning Samantha :)

You've done nothing wrong at all on the forum, it's lovely to have you on here, you ask as many questions as you need to about Elsie were always happy to help, if your ever unsure about some thing on the forum like this just ask and ill answer your questions. :)

The thread you started got into a bit of a heated debate, everyone has different views and are all welcome on here, but we do like to keep this a friendly forum and threads do get closed from time to time if things seem to be going to far, a lot of the replies your reading were not to you but another member who has requested all his posts be removed from the forum, so you can't see them now which might have made you think they were to you when they weren't, you just keeping posting and don't worry about this. :)

#5 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

Oh don't stop posting Samantha, as others have said, all posts and ideas are welcome. As I think we all agree, hibernation is something that we have to decide for ourselves to do or not. What most people will say, myself included, is that if you decide not to, then keep growth to a minimum over winter to help how your tortoise grows, as once growth patterns are over exaggerated they are impossible to remove. Some views are more controversial and its fine for people to post those too, but not when it becomes confrontational. Maybe the other poster felt awkward and asked for them to be removed. I for one was happy for them to stay and for people to make their own mind up.

How's Elsie at the moment? 

#6 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Hi

Phew that is a lot off my mind. Because I couldn't see the other persons comments I thouht you was calling me Ozrig and closing my thread. I understand Mildredsmum it must be hard sometimes , when people have such varied opinions, to keep the peace.

My dad and brother couldn't stop laughing at me and saying " Sheesh !! she's been on a tortoise forum and bored them to sleep and they close her threads down hahahah " ... But I took no notice .

Little Elsie is fine SueBoyle she is a pleasure even when she is climbing and flipping and scaring the bejeebers out of me. ☺️

I am going for dialysis today so I will be around a little later on because I have lots of questions about Elsie

Thank you for clearning that up for me Mildredsmum x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users