Elsie's First Flower

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

Here is Elsie eating her very first flower . She loved it!!! So I am going to pick her lots of violas that we have growing at the moment

Attached File  image.jpg   59.42KB   1 downloads

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

:thumbup: Ooooo she'll thank you for that. Pansies and Violas are always a big hit. :)

Make sure they're are older plants that have been well weathered, because the garden centre plants are often sprayed with fertilisers and pesticides. x

#3 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Hi Kelly

She really enjoyed it!! The viola is out of our garden so it hasn't been sprayed or anything...we have lots at the moment so I will let her have them. I will keep my eyes open for a few pansies for her too x

Samantha

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

If my two spot pansies or violas they break into a fast sprint and demolish the entire plant within seconds! :rofl:

#5 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Hi Kelly

HAhahahahahaa aww how cute!!! I must admit Elsie loved her flower . Omg I loved watching her enjoy it

#6 crotchetybear

crotchetybear

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises, my dogs, animal welfare, conservation and environment, wildlife and travel.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

Mine too. I planted up their outdoor enclosure with violas, mimulus, and pansies last spring but they soon made short work of those once they went outside for the summer!

ChrisAttached File  image.jpg   68.04KB   0 downloads

#7 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

Hi Chris.

What a great idea!! . When Elsie's raised bed is finished I will plant some plants in there for her.

Your tortoise looks like she is enjoying her flowers too!!!

#8 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

Here is Elsie eating her very first flower . She loved it!!! So I am going to pick her lots of violas that we have growing at the moment

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's great Samantha, it will be better soon as the weather gets better and there's a lot more flowers to choose from. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users