• Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

So, Stella, are you saying it is the new panels that are creating this increase in temps, as my own greenhouse, much further south is not reaching this temperature or anything like it? I'm still not clear on what 'the research' actually is :(

#42 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:06 PM

So maybe you should point to this research!

To be honest a lot of the TT research is a repeat of previous experiments done in this country when their setups in Wales consisted of polytunnels linked to outdoor sloped areas, looking at exactly the same studies. I do think that the same experiments in a much warmer climate are slightly misleading, due to differing natural ambient temps. I'm still trying to get my head around a greenhouse in the North of England maintaining tortoise temps of 32 degrees on a cold windy wet day, with no backup heat to be honest.

#43 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

I am not saying anything more Sue as obviously you haven't read the link Keith posted and therefore you seem to be missing knowledge of the information he thought members of this forum might be interested in.
I don't have a clue what panels you are talking about. Just something else you have made up i suspect. I think it may be an idea to read the link and then maybe you would be 'clear' and then give some relevant points of view. Maybe start a post of your own for discussion as I am sure Keith's lovely thread about Jerry has by now become very tedious with all the recent posts.
I do believe that as neutral as I have tried to be, you seem to be making words up I am supposed to have said and challenging me on things you think I mean, and I really don't know why you are doing this.
Sheffield isn't the North of England

#44 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

Cold wet windy day with the occasional sun, that's what I said. Again you are only reading what you want to. Today, now.....wet and windy, with occasional sun..... and 35 degrees.

#45 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

OK, there is no need to be rude Stella or suggest that I make things up. I could give a very long reply to your rudeness, but its not for a public forum and you do not reply to PM's when its felt that an answer is best off list. Hopefully the mods will remove this whole post as its clearly just become a personal attack on myself. My last word on the subject as I do not like internet bullying however subtle!

#46 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Sue , I'm sorry, but I think you are missing something. You seem to be arguing about points that haven't been made. All the info you require has been offered to you. You also seem to have hijacked a thread about my tortoise in the photo gallery section to get your agenda across.

I'm surprised that Karen hasn't stepped in to get things back on topic by now. ..I'm happy to keep this discussion going, maybe on it's own thread though.

Hi

Im sorry I can't be around 24/7 to keep a check on this forum, I work full time and do have a family but do check in as often as I can :)

I didn't see a problem with this thread to be truthful until now, where I think it has all got out of hand again, every one has a view and if you start a thread then people are going to comment on it and maybe say some thing you don't agree with, people will always have different points of view, which is fine but personal attacks on other members is not what this forum is here for, it's here to give friendly helpful advice and new ideas, im sorry but im going to close this thread now, please keep your posts on topic in future and friendly thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users