• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

Hi,

Sorry it's me again! I know I now officially do not have a Hermanns (having been identified as a spur thigh- see my other post) so I hope you don't mind me gate crashing!! Today Herbie has passed a large solid urate/stone. I have had him two and a half weeks and he is bathed at least once daily for 15-20mins and sometimes has a 10min second bath, he has been passing urine ok but his urates previously have looked a bit gritty hence the frequent bathing. He is on damp topsoil/sand and is fed weeds with a little salad leaves and a tiny bit of dried flowers and weeds. Would this be something that has developed since I have had him or before this time? Should I be doing anything different?

Thanks Vikki.

#2 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

You are doing everything fine Vikki. This will be fun to poor care before you had him, he's obviously been kept too dry with no baths, poor little thing. Just keep doing what you are doing and keep an eye on his eating to make sure he is feeling ok. Cut out the dried stuff especially while he is not 100%. Oh and font worry about posting its what we are here for ;)

#3 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Thank you once again! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic