My Day So Far

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

After a horrid horrid night with very little sleep I finally closed my eyes at 5 am, due to pain relief not working, an woke up at 8am. My dad came in my room and said he would rather I stayed in bed today and caught up on my rest . I told him I am fed up of bed and hospital and doctors a the same thing over an over!!! He walked out and I felt ashamed because I know it is just as hard for him as it is for me.....

He came back up and said that the nurse was going to wash and help me dress....( it is horrid to be washed an dressed at my age because of shyness) I was washed and dressed which took hours an dad scooped me up in his giant arms and took me out too breakfast!!!!! He said he had cleared it with the nurse and I could have anything I wanted... No low sodium diet an anything I wanted was ok with him!!!

After breakfast he took me to see some rescue owls and other birds they was soooooo cute!!! I took some photos for you

Attached File  image.jpg   61.11KB   0 downloads

I promised to rest now . Ahh what a lovely day 😊

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hi Samantha. :)

What a lovely photo, it sounds like it turned out to be a lovely day seeing the owls and other birds with you dad. :)

#3 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

Oh that's so lovely. I've had my granddaughter here this weekend and she can't walk properly. Like you say, it's hard for the parents too and the rest of the family, but how nice of you to appreciate them. Your Dad sounds lovely to you :)

#4 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Hi

Glad your day seemed to get better as it went on. That owl is a gorgeous looking bird - was it a rescue? I can never understand how people can be mean to animals or just chuck them out like rubbish :angry2: Anyway hope you manage to get a better nights sleep tonight - take care.

Vikki. :)

#5 Guest_Dolly_*

Guest_Dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Hi

Yes Sue my dad is perfect and somehow he always seems to know what to do and say. I told him I was sorry for my immature tantrum and he said " what tantrum...I don't remember a tantrum but I remember you being over tired and frustrated " . He made me feel tons better.

Yes vkki01 they was all rescue birds!! The man told me the RSPCA had took the owl to him that they had taken from a family that had caged it and fed it bird seed. The man said that the owl was very depressed and very underweight . He said the owl can't be released back into the wild because he won't hunt for food...how upsetting that such a beautiful bird isn't free and living his life the way it should be lived because some half wit family wanted an owl as a pet

#6 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, go Samantha's dad lol.
I suppose we will always be needed to help with rescue birds and animals, as there will always be stupid people out there for sure. Poor owl, but so lucky for him that someone will put the time in to give him the best he can have. I love alpacas but it would be silly to try and keep them without being able to care for them correctly. I keep telling people who want horsfields about the need to burrow, but not many listen and even keepers who should know better, say they are fine without digging substrate, then they wonder why they grow to look nothing like they should. It's got so bad now that people recognise the badly kept shape before the ones that are grown correctly :(

#7 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

I think a lot of us do listen to you Sue. If I hadn't then I might still think I  had got a Hermann tortoise!! Have also been reading your advice about not providing hides so that they dig down at night so today have got a couple of small carex grasses. Herbie currently does have a flowerpot which he loves but hoping if I plant the carex in the indoor enclosure he might dig in under that. :rolleyes:If he doesn't  is it best to put the hide back in or leave him on the top?

It definitely sounds like the owl is in a much better place now just cant understand some people :angry2:

#8 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

Hi,
I think a lot of us do listen to you Sue. If I hadn't then I might still think I  had got a Hermann tortoise!! Have also been reading your advice about not providing hides so that they dig down at night so today have got a couple of small carex grasses. Herbie currently does have a flowerpot which he loves but hoping if I plant the carex in the indoor enclosure he might dig in under that. :rolleyes:If he doesn't  is it best to put the hide back in or leave him on the top?

It definitely sounds like the owl is in a much better place now just cant understand some people :angry2:

Aw thanks Vikki, yes I suppose if we can help just one it's good. Carex grasses are great, I grow my own outdoors and they have lots of baby grass plants. The torts love them although they do dig them up occasionally when burrowing under them as they are pretty shallow rooted.

#9 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

Hi,

Hi Vikki,

I have carex grass in my hatchlings table, it's works really well in there and has lasted for ages, I also have the grass in my outdoor enclosures. :)

#10 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Thanks. Have got 2 small plants so might try putting 1 in the indoor enclosure to start with and keep the other for the outdoor enclosure or as a spare if herbie wrecks the 1st one!! If he wont burrow should I provide a hide or leave him to sit on top?

Hi Dolly. How are you? Are you sleeping better and having better days? How are the weeds doing - still not sure what to do with mine wether to wait till they get bigger and see what they are or bin them and start from scratch with tlady seeds? :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users