Awake At Last

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

Hazel has been awake for a few weeks now and Norman finally joined her today after their hibernation. It's lovely to have them both awake again. :)

I him out of the fridge this morning, gave him a nice long bath and he had all morning to warm up before I could check on him properly when I got home at lunchtime.... I needn't have worried. He was marching round his tortoise table like he owned the place and wolfed his food down like a tortoise possessed when I offered him some. :blink:

#2 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Glad he is up and well - haven't done the hibernation bit yet and am dreading it a bit but especially as you must miss them so much! :)

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

That's great news, Kelly, congratulations on another successful hibernation, well done.
It's great to have them back, isn't it? Harry's due up in about three weeks, can't wait to see him up and about again.

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

Boy pebble womw from his hibernation this week. He looks well and hasn't lost any weight in his natural hibernation. It is good to have them back. Here's looking at the rest emerging in the next few weeks. X x s

#5 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

Will be getting mine up in a few weeks too Graham. Then the trouble begins lol :)Glad all these torts are waking well and happy :)

#6 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

Hi Kelly,

It's good to hear Norman and Hazel are both up and doing fine, :)  my lot will be up soon, in he next week or two, it will be nice to have them back up again. :)

#7 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

It's certainly good to have them both back again. They've since inseparable since I put Norman back into the tortoise table yesterday. :wub: 

Roll on the Spring and Summer when they can both go back outside again and enjoy some natural sunshine. :spring:

#8 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

I know it will be nice to have some warmer weather, and have them all back outside. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users