Photo

Vet Check Up?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

That is too long to be giving reptoboost to be honest. Have you calculated the strength according to what he is taking in?

#22 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

I've been doing it in his bathing dish as I never see him drinking from his water dish but do occasionally see him drink when bathing.

I'm only doing it once a day (recommended to do 2-3 times a day for those just out of hibernation) and at the 1 scoop per 500ml recommended

#23 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hi to be honest 6days on the reptiboost should of done some good,its a mystery to why hes not eating!there must be an underling prob as at least he should of ate something in this time!its only my opinion but if it was me id take him back to that reptile vet and get bloods done,abit costly but better to be safe than sorry!the weight loss cant keep going on.hopeffully Some of the more experienced memembers will be on later
Regards matt

#24 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Also maybe xrays to cancelled out a blockage ect?

#25 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

I've been doing it in his bathing dish as I never see him drinking from his water dish but do occasionally see him drink when bathing.
I'm only doing it once a day (recommended to do 2-3 times a day for those just out of hibernation) and at the 1 scoop per 500ml recommended

Is this especially recommended for tortoises as the are obviously not going to drink 500 ml, more like 1ml, so you need a higher concentration when you think,he is only likely to take a mouthful ;)

#26 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Yeah I figured that but thought I'd go with the recommendation. I figured he'll probably absorb some through the colocoa (spelling?) Too as they do with water etc

#27 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

• Guests

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Yes they do take fluids on board via the cloaca. The best way is to weigh them before and after bathing to see how much they have taken on board ;)

#28 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

By pure luck I did that today. It was a weird reading. Before I had 94g and after I had 92!!! He had a urate but it wasn't like it was a big one?

#29 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

Yay Edward for his appetite back today :-) plenty of mallow dandelion and gem lettuce was eaten

#30 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

Great news :) but dont get carried away with the feeding to make up for lost time tho lol

#31 sellwin90

sellwin90

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

I won't. He had a fair bit yesterday but won't be overfed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users