• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Hi, everyone,

I'm glad to announce that Harry is up after his big sleep.  :)

After a warm shower, he basked under the lamp in his bedbox for an hour or so.

bedbox_zpspaqv9t7b.jpg

It was warm and sunny so he went out on the patio for a walkabout, then took a siesta.

siesta_zpspf49qy48.jpg

At four o'clock the sun went down and Harry came back in to his bedbox where he huddled down for an early night.

I'm so pleased that his hibernation went well, and to have him back; I sure miss him during the winter months.

#2 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Congrats Graham,im glad to hear Harry has had another succesfull hibernation :)i got my adults up this morning after 18weeks and have been basking allday under their lamps :)

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

Brilliant news. :)  Just in time for todays sunshine too. :sun:

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

Lovely news Graham...... It is nice to see him out and about. It won't be long before he is getting up to mischief!!! Hugs x x x

#5 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

Hi Graham,

It's good to hear Harry's up and is enjoying some spring sunshine. :)

#6 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Thanks, everyone, and just to follow up, I'd like to tell you that Harry had his post-hibernation big drink today, which I'm delighted about; I'm always relieved when this happens.

harry_drink_zpsf0t3ur4u.jpg

He had a good wee afterwards, too, which was full of urates, so now I know his system's flushed clean.

#7 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Hi Graham,

Great to hear 'Harry' made it safely through another hibernation and is up and about. :)  

It is still cold here so I've decided to leave 'Billiejo' for another week or two. Hope your keeping well?

Kind Regards

Freddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users